Wednesday, April 25, 2007

CREYOLE, she is such an Inspiration...


Creyole,

Have you seen BlaqKofi’s latest blog? Dated Sunday April 22, 2007? Before I begin, let me just say… I AM YOUR BIGGEST ADMIRER, besides your immediate and extended family of course. Okay here is an excerpt from Blaq’s post:

“Four years ago, I met a sister with small, gorgeous, neat locks in Tom Thumb on Sycamore School Road in Fort Worth, Texas and asked, "are those dreads?" "No they are called Sisterlocks. Go to http://www.sisterlock.com/ and check them out." I am eternally grateful that our paths crossed on that fateful day.

That Tom Thumb has since closed...I often wonder about the sister who opened the SL door for me, wish I had of gotten her name or number so that I could tell her how she contributed to my Natural Awakenings...

but also,

so that she could see

BlaqKofi on loc'down.I think she would be proud.”


Well you are “that sister, who introduced me to Sisterlocks”. I am blessed, Blessed, BLESSED because I know your name and I know your phone number. I am able to tell you over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how much you have contributed to “My self-LOVE Experience”. You have been such a patient and gentle friend and probably don’t even know it. Here is a summary of what you have done for me so FAR…

1) You told me about your hair.


2) You gave my your designerhergal business card with your blogspot address on it.


3) You created an informative, insightful, and transparent blog about your hair, your spirituality, your family, and your general perspective on life. I learned so much here as I read it from beginning to end and eagerly wait for new posts.


4) You invited me to the WACO Sisterlocks gathering (I got food poisoning and missed the event because I was in the emergency room getting rehydrated!)


5) You forwarded me to BlaqKofi’s blogspot, which of course I read from beginning to end. I now have two beautiful ladies of Sisterlocks whom I admire for their growth, openness, and thoroughness of helping other sisters along in their Sisterlocks JOURNEY or self-LOVE experience. As I have read your blogspots from beginning to end.


6) You told me about the Dr. Cornwell meet and greet event at GIGIs.


7) You help me overcome my trama with the initial costs of obtaining and maintaining Sisterlocks. You did not invalidate my concerns, you helped me search within inside myself of what is really, Really, REALLY important to and for ME. I now am able to see myself as worthy and valuable of sporting Sisterlocks.


8) You are consistent with your self and your Sisterlocks. I like your detail-orientedness (Smile, because I think I made that word up) when it comes to your hair, its upkeep, and understanding its naturalness.


9) You inspire me, inspite of yourself, because each time I have had the opportunity to be in your presense (be it on your blogspot, at the gym, at a Sisterlocks event, or over the telephone) you have been completely down to earth, welcoming, friendly, and patient.


10) You recommended GIGI and Elaine and you don’t make me feel like I am as wishy washy as I have been when it came to gaining an understanding of Sisterlocks and RJQueen10’s self-LOVE experience.

So if the truth be told you have what it takes to be a SISTERLOCKS CONSULTANT and so much more. I just want to thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for being Creyole. Thank you God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit for allowing our paths to cross!

I was going to post this as a comment on your blogspot, but it got kinda of lengthy. So I decided to park it at my spot and pray that you will see it one day. Now let me end this and get to working on my take home final exam. God is good, I earned a 92 on my midterm exam and it is worth 50% of my grade. This final is worth 40%!

To everyone else out there reading, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for coming to my blogspot and reading my thoughts and reading my praises to God and my conversations with God.


Special thank yous to muslimahlocs and Aya for not only visiting my blogspot, but taking time out of their schedules to leave me a comment. I do appreciate you! Feedback really is important and comforting.


Last but definitely not least, thank you to BlaqKofi for being Blaq. I read your latest posts! Congratulations grandma or nana or what will you natural hair care wearing first grandchild call you? I love Malcolm’s name, it is such a strong name. That name goes back a very long way with me, I was going to name my first son Malcolm Alexander -------. But God knew what was best for me and gave me a Boy and a Girl, Twins.

Let me forcefully pull myself away from this blog! Until the next post….

If anyone else out there is listening besides God, feel free to share and post a response...

Sis. RJQueen10

7 comments:

Abena Abena said...

What a beautiful tribute to the ladies that have helped you on your way to your Sisterlock journey :)

muslimahlocs said...

so queen. how are your test locks coming along? do you still have any left? i am looking forward to your upcoming sisterlocks installation date. i know i don't have to remind you but PLEASE take lots of pictures. thank you for mentioning me in your tribute. i feel humbled indeed.
see you in may, God-willing.

Creyole said...

RJQueen10,
Girl, I am indeed honored, humbled and speechless. One never knows how we touch people lives and I'm thankful to have flowers from you while living.

Peace & Blessings,
Creyole

Sis. RJQueen10 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Chosen Vessel,
You are such an awesome lady. I have been so busy with finals that I have not had time to visit blogspots. I miss reading yours, so I will be heading over there very soon, Soon, SOON!


Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Muslimahlocs,
Well as of Friday morning, I still had my four test locks in the front of my head. I managed to hold on to them by twisting them into my two-strand flat twists on the front of my head.

Thanks for your encouragement as far as my Sisterlocks installation appointment is concerned. At this present, current time I have cancelled my appointment with GIGI. I am going to kick my natual hair for a minute or two and continue to learn more and more about RJQueen10. I did not know there were so many options when it came to the locking technique.

I am the one honored to have been able to include you in my tribute. You are a phenomenal woman of Sisterlocks. I am proud to be able to say that our paths have crossed.

Okay, you said you will see me in May. Did I miss something? Or are you talking about photos I am going take and post?

I do appreciate you and thank your for taking the time to let me know you have been here reading me.


Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Creyole,
I learned from my Pastor and my church that the best type of flowers to give are to the LIVING. When I see You, I see the God in You shining through to the outside.

My personal advise to you, and I know you did not ask for it. Is remember your original PURPOSE, REASONS, OBJECTIVES and do not let it get clouded with or by POLITICS, LAWS, or anything NEGATIVE.

I love ya and I am proud that you are the person who introduced me to Sisterlocks and helped me fall in love with Sisterlocks.

Keep doing what you do because you do it with EXCELLENCE.

RJQueen10