Sunday, April 8, 2007

What has been happening with ME...!

Dear God, (and anyone else out there reading…)

God, I just wanted to give thanks to everyone who has taken time to come visit my blog spot. I want to give special thank yous for those who take additional time out of their schedule and leave me a comment. Most importantly, God, I want to give thank yous to everyone for being patient with me. In addition to being a Mama of 4 year old twins, I am a graduate student. When classes are in session I will make a post weekly, when classes are not in session I will try to make a post daily.

Well I started with 10 test locks. Four in the front and six in the back. Currently I am wearing my hair in two-strand twists. Well this morning as I was getting ready to attend church I re-twisted some strands that had come a loose in the back. I noticed I now only have ONE test Sisterlock™ left in the back. The four in the front are still going strong. I guess it is time to put a call in to my consultant to first verify my scheduled May 10, 2007 appointment, second to express eagerness of accepting any cancelled appointment slot, and three to talk to her about my five back test Sisterlocks™ coming down, disappearing. Will this be a problem area for me when I get my full head of Sisterlocks™? If I notice my Sisterlocks™ are getting loose (slipping) is there anything I can personally do about it? What are my options, if any? I am really not that worried at this point, it is just interesting to note how different sections of my head responded to Sisterlocks™ I knew I was grateful for ALL of this time for some reason.

Note to self: Be real careful about the back of my head when I get my Sisterlocks™!

I am at a new gym for four weeks, well I have about 10 more days left on a four week pass. It has been a great experience, because it is my husband’s gym. I have had several opportunities to actually workout with him, while our children were in the daycare area. I enjoyed this experience a lot. My husband is really noticing my weight loss, and my seriousness about my workouts! He taught me how to use some of the machines I did not know how to use before. He also praised me for my “good form”.

I saw Ms. Y at this gym twice so far, who I met at the Sisterlocks™ meet and greet. On the second day, Ms. Y talked me into taking a spinning class. Well, let me tell you! I represented, I was hyped, Hyped, HYPED! I kept paced with most of the seasoned class members and even exceeded the paced of a couple of spinning class veterans. But my body paid for it the next day-Friday, and the day after that-Saturday, and today is Sunday and still feel slight tenderness in places I did not know muscles existed! It was a fun and great cardio experience I will try it a couple of more times before my free gym pass expires. I am serious about my workouts!

Speaking on that I joined a new gym! My old gym was just that OLD! I don’t mean to sound ungrateful and like a complainer, I am just telling the truth! Thank you God for improving my FREE gym membership options! After I have spent about 15 weeks at new and up to date gyms, it was impossible to go back to the old. I have to drive 27 miles to my new gym, but it is worth the drive! They have childcare options for my children; all of the equipment is new, New, NEW. The equipment is state of the art! There are TVs and radio ON the actual elliptical machines, in addition to surrounding Flat Screen TVs. There is an upstairs and a downstairs area. I did not even make it upstairs on my first visit this Saturday.

I was giddy with excitement and energy! I took an Abdominal and Back Core group exercise class that lasted 20 minutes. Then I got on the elliptical machine for 20 minutes. I cut it short because I wanted to experience everything on my first visit; lately I’ve been doing 30 minutes to 60 minutes cardio sessions. I put on my bathing suit and I was in the steam room for 5 minutes and the Jacuzzi for 10 minutes. I took a wonderful shower and changed into warm street clothes. It actually snowed in Texas USA this Saturday. It was light flaky snow that did not affect the roads, but it was snow and cold none-the-less.

This gym even has a Smoothie bar, so you know I got caught up. I added so much to what started off as a based 20oz Smoothie for $3.25 by the time I was finished, mine costs $7.50. It was a most delicious smoothie, it tasted like a Piña Cola! It was called Tropical Oasis, and it had pineapples, coconut, and mango. I added Wheatgrass powder, Spirulina powder, Soy Protein powder, and Glutamine powder. I have to investigate this further on my future visits, but I believe the lady who prepared it said it only contained about 325 calories. She also said because I added the stuff I added I could use my smoothie as a meal replacement. I consumed the smoothie about 1:30 pm and I did not get hungry again until about 5:00pm.

Thank You God for my outstanding visiting gyms experience--threee different gyms so far, and my NEW free gym In JesusName, Amen!

If anyone else out there is listening besides God, feel free to share and post a response...

Sis. RJQueen10

2 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

i suppose that's why they call them "test locks". now that your consultant has an idea about how your hair will respond to the different locking patterns i am sure that she will be ready to go...on may 10!
make sure to take lots of pictures.

Aya said...

Hello Sis RJ:

Don't worry to much about the slippage with the test locks. I started with six, but by the time of my full locking session, I had only two remaining. That helped the loctician decide the best locking pattern to use for my hair type. Your loctician may use different locking patterns at different sites of your head depending on the type of hair you have. It will all be good in the end. I am close to 14 weeks locked and still get some slippage but not as much now. Can't wait to see your sl's when they are completed.