Sunday, May 20, 2007

My IDEAL Consultant...

Dear God, (and anyone else out there reading…)

After I starting to read Cashana’s blogspot from beginning to end. I discovered something NEW about myself and my feelings about the IDEAL consultant for ME

It is important to have a connection with your consultant. Well, it IS important to ME. Professionalism is key, but I want more than just a superficial, polite you are my customer-consultant connection. This whole process is new to me and I want to be coached, and to be trained on how to manage and understand my own hair. I want to be told things I would not even think to ask questions about, like lock sizing, or Wheatgrass Smoothies. Even though I am known to ask lots of questions, I may not know the correct ones or the specific ones to ask. I want to be able to ask questions that may seem "stupid" but were given respect and answered by my consultant, like what is my hairtype? If a person does not know the answer to a question, then it is NOT a “stupid” question. If she could not answer them at the present I would like to be told she would find the answers for me or something progressive like that.

I want to know that my consultant would be there for me throughout the whole process, until I became independent and able to maintain and retighten my own hair. I want to know that once I become independent and I need help with my hair and I need grooming or whatever, I want to be able to know that she will be able to fit me into her schedule within a reasonable timeframe.

Last but not least, I want a relationship. I want to be a reciprocal source of positive energy, and spiritual maturity for my consultant. If her day is cloudy or hazy I would like to add my SUNSHINE to it. I know, Know, KNOW I am not asking for too much!

Now that I have identified this about myself, I love knowing this is how I FEEL! Thank you God! Now that you have helped me defined this, In Jesus' name, I know and trust you will reward me exceedingly and abundantly above my request. Amen.

Sis. RJQueen10

P.S. The attached pictures are for Ms. Stella. At the time I thought my short Jheri curl was NOT working, I was 18 years old, my freshman year in college. We went to New York with the National Society Black of Engineers -- NSBE. Hindsight... I actually like that phase of my life. I wish I could have enjoyed it more as I went thru it. I loved the second picture the most, I was 17 years old, one of my high school senior class pictures. Wow! The third picture of me at 34 years old. Taking a picture of myself while I'm driving my husband's long truck!. This September I am going to be 35 years old, times flies when you are having fun with 4 year old twins!





If anyone else out there is listening besides God, feel free to share and post a response...

8 comments:

Aya said...

You are on the right track, and soon you WILL meet your ideal consultant. Oh, and I really like your twists or braided hairtstyle. Chic.

Blessings

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Thank you for reading me and thank you for your support. I appreciate you. Thanks for the compliment too! I also want to thank you for your CONSISTENCY I appreaciate how you always let me know you are out there by leaving me a comment or two.

I went to your blogspot and I wanted to leave a comment on your lastest post, but I could not find the comments link.

I also thought that was awesome how you hooked up with other Sisterlocked ladies in my hometown of Oakland, Ca. I wanted to comment there too. I think I will go back to that link and make my comment.

But I am up to date in my reading of your blogspot. Thanks for keeping us informed about your Life with Sisterlocks.

Sis. RJQueen10

muslimahlocs said...

"...when the student is ready the teacher will appear..." or something like that. i believe that's a line form a movie from back when i used to watch movies. glad to see that you are still blogging.
i miss the twa but the braids look great as well.
and you are so right, having a great consultant makes all the difference. and it's not just about the locking. hair is so personal, especially those of us suffering from post-traumatic perm disorder. and to trust someone with your hair is no easy task. i know that you are still waiting on creyole to do your hair. God-willing, she will do so.
stay blessed!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Muslimahlocs,

Yes, I am still blogging, it is kinda of addictive. I try to maintain some sort of discipline and control considering I am a full time Mama of twins and a full time graduate student.

Thanks for reading me and leaving me your comments. I appreaciate that you understand where I am coming from when I blogged my latest blog. One day, I hope to be able to allievate this trama within in my family line. If I can't help but just one person, MY DAUGHTER, then I have at least made a start, a Dent, a CHANGE!

Yes, I am waiting on Creyole, and God-willing she will be available. No pressure. If not, perhaps I will learn some unique natural stlying techniques myself, some way, some how! As my daughter patiently allows me to manipulate her hair. Who really knows!

Sis. RJQueen10

Anonymous said...

Like Blaqkofi says it is natural to be natural. Locked or not locked you have already started to make a change/difference in your babygirl's perception of her own natural beauty. I am glad that you recognize the beauty of that (-;

Good luck on your journey to finding the right loctician/consultant.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Tra,

Thanks for stopping by, reading me, and leaving me your comment. I appreciate your support of the perception I am working to create with my daughter, her own natural beauty, and my own self-LOVE. As you know I am reading your spot from beginning to end and I recently saw a post you made about your daughter being the only one with natural hair at different functions you take her to. You of course styled her hair lovely and you have mad respect from me for not taking an seemingly "easier" road when it came to managing and caring for your daughter's hair. Thank you, for being completely natural it really works for you!

To God be all of the Glory! And I believe the right loctician / consultant will appear as Muslimahlocs stated earlier. I am NOW re-learning a higher level of "patience". This is good for me, this is real GOD for me!

I thought when I was waiting for the earlier installation appointment of May 10, 2007 that I was learning how to be patient. But I must have failed that test, because I am being re-tested here as I continue to wait, Wait, WAIT... I vow to pass with flying colors this time around! Thank you God for a second chance at "PATIENCE"!

Sis. RJQueen10

Ms Stella said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures from your youth.
You have inspired me to go through the photo albums and share some of my own. Even the ones with my TWA that made me cry.

I know the right consultant will appear when the time comes and you will be his/her ideal client.

I have been blessed with a wonderful consultant. She told me things about my hair (hair period) that I never knew. I am comfortable with asking her anything and she really wants me to love my locks and it shows!

You'll have this too. I'm sure of it!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Ms Stella,

Thanks for stopping back by. I am looking forward to viewing pictures you are going to share with us. Especially the TWA that made you cry. I betcha it is not as bad as it felt at the time. I check your blogspot, pretty regularly and IT IS TIME for a new post! (Smile)

Thanks you for saying that I will be the ideal client. I am really striving to make sure that I establish a firm foundation for the locks I will adorn my hair with. This will involve working closely and consistently with my FUTURE consultant.

I do believe having the right consultant will make all the difference in the world on how powerfully positive this transition into locking can and will be. So I am will to wait, Wait, WAIT! I am patient, Patient, PATIENT! To God I give the glory for blessing me with this virtue.

Once again, thanks for coming back, and special thanks for leaving your encouraging supportive comment!

Sis. RJQueen10