Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED...

Dear God, (BlackRussian and Choosen Vessel and everyone else out there reading...)

Now the rules: You have to choose 7 things to share about yourself. Then choose 7 people to tag. Now don't forget to post a comment on their blog informing the person that he/she has been tagged, so that they can join in on the fun. Okay, I tried to keep this FUN...


1) I was born with grey hair. I even have one strand of grey hair growing out of my right cheek. I always likened me having grey hair to mean that I was born with wisdom. So I am convinced when my whole head stats to grey, I will not cover it up to look younger or to hide my grey. Grey hair is such a beautiful sight to see.

2) Green is my favorite color, any shade of green. From the most uninteresting pale green to the deep luxurious hunter green, all shades of green. My man of God and my green wonder favorite colors are green as well. When I was growing up our grass was not green, it was kind of brown. So I thought if I wished hard enough then we would have green grass. Also money is the color green.

3) 10 is my favorite number. When I was younger and before I knew any better I wanted 10 of everything. 10 husbands, 10 children, everything in sets of 10. Then when I was the 4th grade the school showed us girls a video of a woman having a baby. That was the most effective birth control method ever; I did not get pregnant until I was 29 years old. Thank you God, for my double for my trouble blessings of twins—a boy and a girl.

4) I was debt free once before in my life. When I got divorced after 11 and ½ years of marriage, I assumed all but about $6,000 worth of our debt. Everything was in my name, except our house (it was in both of our names) and that one debt of about $6,000. Well in two years after my divorce, I (with God’s help) paid off $72,000 worth of debt. My $32,000 undergraduate student loans, various credit card debt (the most expensive credit cards had a limits and a matching balance of $5,000, $8,000 and another had a limit of $10,000), my automobile (it is a real nice thing to drive your vehicle and not owe anyone any money on it, except insurance of course). I am not currently debt free, but I can say in my lifetime: “I’ve been there, I’ve done that!”

5) I don’t advocate divorce. It took some deep soul searching and merciful help from God to forgive myself for not being able to hang in there despite all of the “stuff” my ex and I were going thru. My Ex is my first love. I also read a book by Dr. Miles Munroe "Single, Married, Separated & Life After Divorce". Because I did not give myself time to heal, my Man of God (my new husband) had to bear the burden of my hurt, pain, and unhealed heart. My recommendation is get yourself together before you get married and make sure your future husband has himself together otherwise, the marriage will be cloudy for quite some time like a bad storm. But remember, nothing is impossible with God. If we remain consistent and obedient to God’s Word eventually the clouds will give way to the shining SUN(SON). A marriage God’s way is the most ultimate ministry. So anyone out there considering marriage please take your time. You have the rest of your life. Go to a Word based church and get Understanding, and if marriage counseling is offered do not pass it up. Listen to the counseling you receive, if the recommendation is against marriage—DON’T GET MARRIED, WAIT until the healings manifest.

6) Even though I am 6 feet tall, 72 inches. I love wearing high heeled shoes. I currently have two pairs of 4 inch heels. I think they are sexy, Sexy, SEXY. I like that whoever made them, made the heel wide enough so that I don’t break my neck trying to walk in them. I feel like royalty when I have on my heels, almost everyone I encounter is shorter than me. My husband is even shorter than me when I wear heels. He says he does not have a problem with it, so I wear my heels with sass and confidence!

7) If I had my whole life to live all over again I would not change a single solid thing. For All of the pain and trauma I went thru that built up the character and compassion in me. For All of the happiness that makes life worth living. For All of the mistakes I have made, and for many of the things I did “just right”. I would not change nothing; I would not change anything. In my 34 and ½ years of life, I have experienced many of life’s highest highs and some of life’s lowest lows. I have had it all and I lost it all, because I got caught up and started thinking I had done this on my own. God simply wanted to refocus where my attention really should be, on HIM. God humbled me and help bring me back down to my knees, my head is still held high because I look towards the Heavens where MY help comes from. Now, God has given me back EVERTHING I lost in double portions. I have lived my life not KNOWING God (yet as I reflect back over my life, God has been here all along). I am living my life KNOWING God and it is the sweetest, Sweetest, SWEETEST joy I know. Thank you God for the life you have given ME!
If anyone out there besides God is reading, feel free to share and post a response.
Sis. RJQueen10

20 comments:

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Now, I did not notice the rules stating that I could not retag someone. So BlackRussian and Chosen Vessel you are officially tagged by RJQueen10. However, I like the responses you have already made, so you are not required by me to share anything new!

I am also tagging...
Muslimahlocs (I can't remember if you have been tagged before, if so just feel free to repost what you already shared, if you don't want to share anything new)

Ms. Stella (I will get an updated post out of you yet)

Aya (Ms. Supportive and Encouraging, tells us somethings else we do not know)

Cashana (please share, Share, SHARE)

RJQueen10 (I tagged myself, I am such a mess!)

Okay, I had fun, Fun, FUN with this and I think I broke the rules. That was the best part!

Sis. RJQueen10

Ro~ said...

Wow!! #5 hit home. I was hit by BlackRussian, so do I tag in the comments or do I share on my blog?!?! I'm so confused.

blackrussian said...

Thank you for sharing.

I am only 5', so I LIVE in 4 inch heels. I LOVE them. They ARE sexy! I applaud all tall women who wear heels without shame. Everyone should have the confidence.

Abena Abena said...

WOW!!!! Powerful!!!! One of many things I like about reading your blog is that you are REAL.....Don't ever change that.....It is a breath of fresh air to read blogs that are just REAL...you know :) The only way to be free is to be ME (he,he, I just made that up, but it is so true)...Nobody can be you better than you.

BTW- I enjoyed learning more about you Sis.

Ms Stella said...

What do you mean I've been tagged :)! I guess that's what I get for not keeping up my blog. Now I have to make blog entry.

I really enjoy reading your blog.

Peace and Blessings

Aya said...

Boy oh boy!!! You truly are a passionate person. I really enjoyed reading the seven statements about yourself. There were several statements I could personally relate to. So great to hear how you have overcome some difficult adversities.

Stay Blessed.

Creyole said...

Passionate?? That's an understatement. I can't wait to see you in your new set of locks

Creyole

Anonymous said...

Okay, u r already tagged, so I'll let you slide this time! I got tagged, and see my blog for short and sweet details.
I'm glad you are coming out of your trials of life on top!
Marriage for me the "second" time is great!

Take care~

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

well, Well, WELL! Has everyone in blog-land been tagged! I resorted to multiple tags, and I limited myself to those whose blogs I had read from beginning to end. But hey that was my method of doing things!

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

ro˜
Thank you for being the first to take time out of your day and read my blog and respond to it. By now I hope you figured out that you should share on your blog. But you could also go to BlackRussian’s blogspot and read her post where she shared about being tagged and then respond to some of the things she shared, if the feeling inclines you to. So the answer to your question is that you can do a form of BOTH. This is not that hard, don’t let confusion overtake ya! I will also take some time and I will visit your blogspot real, Real, REAL soon! You will know I have been there, because I will leave ya a comment or two or three depending on what, how much, and how deep you have expressed yourself on your blogspot.

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

To my soul blog sister mate, BlackRussian,

So I am 12 inches taller than you. Thank you for coming to my blogspot and reading me and especially thank you for taking time to leave me a comment. I just met a lady at church this Sunday; she was 6 foot 1 inch tall. I felt short, so I did the “weird” thing and asked her height. Then I asked, “Are you wearing heels?” She said, “Yes, I have on 3 inch heels”. I responded by saying, “That makes us the same height because I am 6 feet tall and I have on 4 inch heels”. I had such a wonderful church service fellowshipping with another equally tall person. She actually made me feel “kinda” of short, if that can be possible. A brother saw me walking into the church headed for the main sanctuary and asked how tall I was, and when I explained that I had an additional 4 inches in height. He said, “That sounds about right because I am 6 feet 5 inches.” Okay where was he…

…oh never mind, I AM completely happy where I AM now! Thank you God for my blessings!

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Chosen Vessel,

One of the things I admire most about your blogspot is the time you really take to reply to those who leave comments on your blogspot. That takes a lot of effort to do that and I just want to say that I really appreciate you for that quality. I give God all of the Glory for allowing me to be REAL and not feel ashamed of it or ashamed of how far God HAS brought me and IS bringing me. I just want to continue to be used by Him to illuminate Jesus’ LIGHT.

I want to order brownies from the friend you recommended via your blogspot, but I am slightly concerned about identity and giving out my financial information. Does she have something set up like paypay, Like Ms. Maryee has? All I have seen at this point is a phone number. When I get a chance to call it is always too late, Texas time (after 10 pm) so I have not made a call yet.

Thank you for leaving me the e-mail about low calorie sweets. I really need to try some of those items. Because I have a pint of Blue Bell's Chocolate Brownie Overload (CBO) in my freezer right now. I have been compensating by increasing my workout sessions. So far, this has prevented weight gain. But I know I can't keep doing the CBO thing. It taste so good, it feels like I am SINNING! --(Smile)

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Ms. Stella,

I so appreciate YOU! I have been waiting, Waiting, WAITING for update on you blogspot. I almost stopped in mid responds to run over there and see your update. But I will be patient and finish with my replies. Thank your for enjoying my blog.

Yes, you have been tagged. See I will do what I have to, to get an updated post out of ya yet! Ms. Leighann has not updated since Feb. 2007. Hummm, what I can I come up with to get an update there? – (Smile)


Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Aya,

Hello Lady. Thank you for acknowledging that I am “truly a passionate person”. I love being this way and it is great feedback when others say they see this character trait in me or my writing. I am also radical, fanatical, and mathematical about LOVING God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. (Some say “too much so” but what do they really KNOW?”) I glad that in all of my ways, I am free to acknowledge Him. I cheer and applaud Jesus, like football fans or basketball fans cheer for their favorite teams—LOUDLY, BOLDLY, CONSISTENTLY, and OPENLY!

I felt real excellent to be able to share my tag responses; it is both HEALING and internally rewarding to “express” myself. If you don’t mind and you have time, do share which statements you could personally relate to. What thoughts were triggered when you read about the adversities I shared?

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Creyole,

Thank you for coming to my blogspot and reading me and especially thank you for leaving me a comment. Thanks for understanding the “passion” in ME! It took me a long time to get HERE! I love it a lot! I love the surprised look on people face when I boldly share Jesus with them. I hardly pay too much attention to many looks I get, or ratherly I don’t let the looks direct me. I figure every where I go, people are going to stare, either they like how I am representin’, or they wish they were courageous to present themselves in a style similar to mine, they all out don’t like where I am coming from, or some where in the middle. I just pray that I am glorifying God in everything that I do.

As far as the “locks” are concerned, you just say “WHEN” and I AM THERE like it was yesterday! I am so proud of YOU!

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

QueenLi,

You know I love, Love, LOVE your name. I am definitely going to stop by your blogspot and read ya. Thanks for being glad for me and my trials, I now know trails come to make me stronger. I believe the person I am today is a strong proverbs 31 woman of God.

Congratulations on you “second” marriage. I do pray for our marriages to last “until death do us part” and for them to exists according to God’s word. How long have you been married this time? How long were you married the first time? I am going to you blog spot to learn more, More, MORE!

I have had two fragrances mixed together for me as a body oil, shower gel, and body mist. The oil store owner let me name the combination. I call it “Queenly”!
Sis. RJQueen10

Cee said...

RJQueen10,

Your tag entries where great, I didn't know what to really write about but once I started it wasn't so hard.. I think the harder part is finding someone to tag. I really enjoyed really more about you, the colors were cute.. I love shoes but can't wear the heels too high.

Goodnapps said...

Debt Free!! Wow. I'm still trying to see what that feels like.

And your #7 - truly amazing. You are an excellent testament of a very lucky woman.

Jenn said...

The Lord meant for me to read your "tagged" blog. I have a new one... Your number five truly blessed my heart and I know that it was meant for me to see what your thoughts were..... I facing this very thing and I am chasing the Lord for guidance and strength. I love you for your spirit, heart and most of all for sharing your life....

Jenn Jenn

Maryee said...

I'm encouraged about the "debt free". thanks for sharing your "7".