Thursday, December 27, 2007

Liberation

Dear God (and anyone else out there reading me...),




Over the span of three days, I retightened my own hair. Thanks to my consultant who showed me the process, I am FREE... When I got my hair LOCKED I never imagined that I would be able to maintain it so early in the process. I am so appreciative and blessed.



I love that I did not have to feel rushed. I opened presents with my children, cooked dinner, played with my children and their Christmas toys, visited family, and more. I was in absolutely no rush with retightening my hair. But once I was in the flow of retightening my hair, I had to force myself to stop. I did not want to stop, but all of these other events required some of me.



My only issue was that my thumb and pointer finger required me to rest because they ached from fitting my locked hair through the tiny slot on the Nappy Lock tool. I believe as I do this more that finger aching will be a thing of the past.



It was actually a therapeutic and spiritual process for me as I handled my own hair, my mind released thoughts and I felt unburdened. One of those days I did not turn the TV on at all, most of the day I played Christian Christmas and Gospel music. I took this long to post this post (1/2/08) because I was waiting to get the pictures back from my sister who took them with her digital camera. I did get an opportunity to visit my consultant Creyole and she said I was doing a good job with my hair. I lost my first Nappy Lock tool when it fell down my sink, and I could not retrieve it. So when I replaced it, I bought two, just in case.


Sis RJQueen10



Please feel free to share, let me know you were here by leaving me a comment...

16 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Congratulations and Happy New Year!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Glad you where able to achieve that task. It feels good being able to do your own hair. I love the nappy lock tool, I recenbtly had to purchase a bigger one because I was fighting with my hair to go into the whole, which is a good thing. (They have thickened up!) As far as loosing tols I try not to do my hair in front of the sink, If I do I always put a towel or something over it. Anyhow Happy New Year's and Take Care.

Miss V

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! You should be feeling as good as you do about retightening your own hair. It is awesome to know that your can do it yourself!

Aya said...

Retightening already? You're looking real good!!!

Creyole said...

Way to go, I knew you could do it Ms. Superstar Lock Star! Retightening your own hair is a challenge and I'm so happy to hear you liberated now.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Goodnapps,

Thanks for stopping by and providing encouragement. Also Happy New Years to you! 2008 is going to be great!

RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Sistalocd,

That is awesome advice you provided. Even after my tool fell down the sink, it never occurred in my mind to block or cover the drain with something like a towel. Thanks for helping to prevent me from losing another tool. I do believe I am going to have to go up another size with the nappy lock tool as well. In particular for the back of my head. I love how it is lengthening and thickening up into more mature locks.

I retightened my hair on the 1/12/08 again (and I did not lose my tool, thanks to you). I love the freedom to be able to upkeep my hair as often as I need and save much money.

RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Tra,

Thanks you so much for stopping by, and letting me know it IS okay to feel as great as I do. I feel significantly BLESSED. Happy New Years to you too! 2008-Everything crooked will be made straight!

RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Aya,

I KNOW, Know, know! God is so great with His blessings! On 1/12/08 I retightened my hair again. I workout 5 days per week and I sweat like I have been in a shower or washed my hair. I am usually so drenched that if I did not know how to retighten my own hair, I would band and braid it before each work out.

Happy New Years to you. 2008-All blessings will come pouring in, so wait!

RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Creyole,

Thank you for stopping by and passing on to me your positive words! If anyone is a Superstar it is definately YOU! To have the courage to show your clients how to maintain their hair for themselves and being available if we need you. You are truly in this to help us ladies become free and comfortable with how God made us-Natural. I am extraordinarily grateful to YOU!

Happy New Years to you! 2008 Lines are short at an open gate!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Sistalocd,

I forgot my Happy New Years to you greeting! 2008-Keep Love flowing, and extinguish any hate!

RJQueen10

SeZ said...

I'm dipping the do it has an what up I'm here feel it it...I likes it! Happy Late new Year to you. Nice blog page.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Sez,

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you were here by leaving me a comment. Thank you for your feedback on MY LOCKS!

Congratulations on you future journey, I think I read on your blogspot that you will be locked in 56 or so days! I learned a lot during my wait, mainly how to be more patient! That photo of you and your husband is lovely.

Your poem warned of the adult content, but I went ahead and read it anyway. I was slightly embarrassed by the adult content. But I do remember when I used to love like that.

RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Sez,

Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you your Happy New Years greeting! 2008-Listen to God, He will direct your fate!

RJQueen10

blackrussian said...

Hey Sis! It's been a while since I stopped by AND commented, but you have definitely been in my thoughts.

I love self-tightening too!

I have to force myself to stop also. I used to think it would be a chore, but the great thing is that there is no take-down phase, so you can tighten a little at a time for as long as it takes to finish. You don't HAVE to do it all at a 3 or 4hour stretch!

People have been asking me how long it takes me. I have no idea. I'll do two or three - do something else - do 7 or 8 more - do something else.

I don't think I ever do more than 50 in an evening or more than 25 at a stretch.

If I leave it alone for a week or two, still no worries. It's great! Nothing like the freedom. The money saved is just a bonus.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Hello BlackRussian,

Thanks for stopping by! I know you are busy with your business venture. I am proud of your courage and I'm wishing you all of God's blessings. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I have been checking out your blogspot and you are doing well.

I love my hair, and I am so joyful that I have the ability to self-maintain my locks and their progress. I feel completely and confidently free.

RJQueen10