Saturday, March 17, 2007

My Intial Consulation...

Dear God (and anyone else out there reading...),

I have 10 test locks. What an appropriate number! I did not even think about it until just now. I have four in the very front and six in the back. They are size 4 and size 3, now I am not going to even pretend I know what this means. GIGI my consultant said, it will not make much different to me. But she is watching for how my hair responds to the different sizes.






My initial consultation went perfectly, I love, Love, LOVE GIGI! I am so excited about Sisterlocks™, MY Sisterlocks™ I wish I could have them today! That was the only disappointment! During our previous conversations on the phone it never occurred for me to schedule my appointments after my initial consultation, so I have to wait until May 10, 2007 to get my Sisterlocks™, bah humbug! She is a booked up until then. But I learned, and we scheduled three up coming future appointments. GIGI said if an earlier available space comes up she will keep me in mind. So I am praying some will cancel their current spot and reschedule it for a later date and allow me to get my Sisterlocks™ as soon as possible. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

GIGI says she is only 5 feet 3 inches tall, but she carries herself taller. I am six feet tall, by the way. She is very professional. Her Spirit is lovely, patience, and joyful. I am glad Creyole recommended her to me. I am grateful that BlaqKofi is a living, breathing, walking testimony for me. Thank you, ladies. At one point, I asked her why she was smiling so, she said, “I am just smiling back at you, because you are smiling at me”.

I left GIGI on a natural high (by the way God, those are the best highs in this world). I had questions that came up and I forgot to ask them. But I will call her, when my brain clears up. So if I have to wait until May 10, 2007 that is just more of an opportunity for me to LEARN and to LOVE my hair. I am patient, because this has already turned out to be a better experience than any hair path I have ever taken before in my lifetime.

When I comb my hair later today, I will take pictures of my test locks and post them onto this blog post. My husband, asked,”Are they all going to be that tiny? That is going to take forever to get them all in your head.”

In Jesus’ Name, Amen
Sis. RJQueen10

If anyone else out there is listening besides God, feel free to share and post a response...

7 comments:

Abena Abena said...

WOW....congratulations on the next step, test locks. I remember how excited I was when I got my test locks....:)

I hope you get an earlier appointment, but as you said, if not, it will give you more time to learn-learn-learn. By the way, I posted "pre-Sisterlock" photo's on my blog...check it out.

brunsli said...

Congrats! And you're in great hands with Gigi!

Goodnapps said...

Lovely test locks. Your energy is so strong I was excited to see your full installation sooner too! But God is Great and you'll be getting them sooner. I have faith.

Leighann said...

Congratulations on getting your test locks! You are going to love your SLs! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm glad you find it helpful!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Thank you Chosen Vessel, Brunsil, GoodNapps, Leighann. I needed the encouragement and positive comments. I was feeling bah humbug, about the May 10, 2007 date for my intallation. I am better, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment for me.

RJQueen10

Cluizel said...

I was going to ask how tall you were...I'm 6'1...guess I can just tell when someone else is in the 6+ club. lol.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Cluizel,

Thanks for visiting my blogspot and taking time to let me know you have been here. I appreciate you.

RJQueen10