Thursday, March 1, 2007

My First Afro Attempt...

Dear God, (and anyone else out there reading ...)

Remember this "season" of my life? That's right, this is my first attempt at trying to wear my own hair. I am so glad pictures were taken because at the time when I looked in the mirror, I did not like the reflection looking back at me.

Yes, Lord these pictures were taken in 2000, about 7 years ago. I remember this as something I did in between the time of taking down my old braids and waiting for my next braid appointment. My mama had been trying to roller wet set her hair with straws. Well, I did the same thing however, I used those small blue rod rollers. My hair came out beautiful and I could not even see nor feel the beauty. What a shame, Shame, SHAME! Ouch! This kind of hurts, to look back and ... Lord, thank you for your healings, in Jesus's name.


When I looked at the pictures after they had been developed, I was like, "Wow, my hair IS pretty". I fell in love with the wavyness right in the front. Well, I am really, Really, REALLY glad I have these pictures. However, I did not know how to maintain that hairsytle and I really did not like the hairstyle, because I really did not like (LOVE) myself.

So my hair tribulations continued on until I met Creyole at the gym in year 2007, I will never forget how I felt when I saw her beautiful Sisterlocks™. I KNEW (FELT) that this is the hairsyle for me and the future me I AM becoming.

Click my link to the left and see how beautiful she and her hair IS!

Sis. RJQueen10

If anyone out there besides God is listening, feel free to share and post a response.

4 comments:

Creyole said...

Alright, Sista Soldier! Work that hair girl!!!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Creyole,

Stop making me smile, Smile, SMILE.
Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for being a Phenomenal Woman of Sisterlocks™

I will call or e-mail ya later today!

God's Humble Servant,
Sis. RJQueen10

blackrussian said...

I love your hair like that.

As you will read if you visit my blog, the entire reason I started following blogs was my search for pictures, which then led me to the information contained within.

I have felt pretty unphotgenic for most my adult life; while I am not one of those people who hides from cameras, I don't take a lot of pictures either.

And it never bothered me until now. But I recall a lot of the hairstyles I had (even things I tried only once) through the years that I will never wear again, and I wish I had a record. Especially now as I chronicle my own hair story.

I think you are beautiful.

Not just your hair. I have been working my way backwards through your blog from the June 1 post until this one, and I can tell you are a wonderful, warm and loving person.

I would feel privileged to make your acquaintance. There are many ways in which you remind me of myself.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

To my long-winded soul blog sister mate BlackRussian,

You want to know something funny! This is the first comment I read from you, however it is the last one I have responded to. Thank God I have it set up in my g-mail account when someone leaves me a comment it notifies me. I have been all over the place trying to find this comment. I can only imagine the challenge I posed for those whose blog spots I have read from beginning to end and left a path of comments. My spot does not even have "that many" posts, yet...

I humbly thank you for stating that YOU "think I am beautiful". I also give God the glory! I am striving to heal my wounds on the INSIDE and on the OUTSIDE and the reflections that stare back at me on paper and in the mirror is positive, Positive Indeed!

I really like hearing that "YOU would feel priviledged to make my acquaintance, and that there are many ways in which I remind you of yourself". I look at the people I attract to my life as a sort of barometer of my improved health status. I remember in my spiritual immaturity and sickness phase that I attracted those type of people into my life. Their illnesses were not exactly identical to mind, but the intensity of sickness were extemely similiar. Now that I am getting healty those are the type of people who are crossing my path and entering my life. Thanks for coming along at just the right time for a self-measurement! So I am equally priviledged to make your acquaintance!

I don't understand why you have felt unphotogenic, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Especially the picture you use for when you leave comments! Is your hair two-strand twisted? The color is lovely and flattering to you as well!

BlackRussian, thank you for being uniquely YOU!

I am reading your blogspot, from of course beginning to end. But I am really taking my time with YOU! I don't want to rush, because I like the thoughts and comments your posts invoke from deep within ME!

Sis. RJQueen10