Tuesday, March 20, 2007

self-Love for REAL...

Dear God, (and anyone else out there reading…),

I have been over there reading Maryee Sisterlock Journey blog from of course “Beginning to End” Her posts "What a woman's hair says about her " at http://lovemylocks.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_lovemylocks_archive.html and
"My Two-Year Anniversary is Today!" at http://lovemylocks.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_lovemylocks_archive.html
I love these posts. I needed these posts. I am glad she is sharing (has shared) herself with those of us to follow in her footprints. This is needed therapy for my soul.

I was feeling kind of discouraged for the last two days, because I will have to wait until May 10, 2007, to get my Sisterlocks™. But after reading a few posts Maryee at site, having my girl Creyole return, and a new post at BlaqKofi, I have renewed resiliency to be patience and wait, and not do something desperate and immature. Like get braids (I had made an appointment for next Tuesday—I am going to call and cancel) or worse (there is always a WORSE)... I must remind myself that with your help God, I am creating a self-LOVE experience. There is no time for drama!

Classes start back for me tonight, so I will be here but not on a daily basis! I want to keep up my high gpa. I am addicted to bloggin’ so I will not stay away too long.

Lord, appreciate you. I confess all of my sins to you, those I know of and those that I have committed and don’t know about. I am ever thankful to you for my exceeding and abundant blessings, my husband, my twins, and my sound mind, I come to you in supplication on my own behalf, please continue to teach me how to love the RJQueen10 You created Me to be. I don't want to be false anymore, covering myself up because I am ashamed of the natural me. Also please allow a spot to become available sooner with my consulatant GIGI, an availablitity that is good for both of our schedules. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Sis. RJQueen10




7 comments:

MEE said...

May 10th or better yet a surprise cancellation could be here sooner than you think. I remember when I first called Imani, I told her, "Can I have my some Sisterlocks put in tomrrow?" She chuckled and then went on to say, it would require a few steps prior to installation. Patience is the key! Many blessings to you!

Maryee

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Maryee,

Thank you for your words of encouragement! Your essay "Reflections on Going Natural and Getting Locked" in Dec 2005 is outstanding and says everything that I am going thru and everything I went thru. Thanks for writing it. I can't wait to read more of your essays, they are so deep and very realistic. I shall be patient, Patient, PATIENT! I can do this!

Sis. RJQueen10

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Maryee,

I was thinking... When I look at that picture of you above, it does not really look like YOU. Is it you or your sister Jen? Kind of confusing.

Sis. RJQueen10

Abena Abena said...

RjQueen,

I just wanted to say, I am really enjoying your blog.

Chosen Vessel

muslimahlocs said...

may 10. OMG. we have to wait another month+ for some pictures. i can tell you that they will be worth the wait. let's pray for a cancellation! see you tomorrow, God-willing.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have already reached peace and plan to wait. I am sure that seeing all those beautiful heads of locks at the gathering on Saturday renewed your resolve to wait as well.

It will be worth it!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Chosen Vessel, Muslimahlocs, and Tra (and everyone else out there reading...), I appologize for taking so long to respond to your comments. I am a graduate student and school is currently in session. I will post weekly when school is in session. When school is not in session, I will try to post daily.

Chosen Vessel, I am honored that you enjoy my blog spot. To God I give all of the glory! Thank you for not just visiting, but taking the time to comment too!

Muslimahlocs, Well, we have met and what a wonderful meeting it was. Your daughter is a beauty! So far no one has cancelled their spots with GIGI, so I am still excitedly, patiently waiting for May 10, 2007. It does not feel that far from now! I can do this. I know I can!

Tra, Thank you for stopping by and leaving your signature. Yes, meeting all of you beautiful ladies at the meet and greet was/IS awesome and inspiring. I shall wait, Wait, WAIT until May 10, 2007! Thank you for your encouragement. I can't wait for the next event, so I can have more time to meet with and spend time with YOU. I did notice YOU though, your hair is even more beautiful in person!