Monday, March 12, 2007

Where was I going with the perm?

Dear God, (and anyone else out there reading...)




What I disliked most about the perm, what I was completely dependent on my beautician for haircare. When I could afford it, I saw my beautician every two weeks. But regardless my hair continued to get shorter and shorter and shorter. I had to suffer through salon gossip. They thought I was strange because I would go with my Franklin Planner and schedule my life. I heard comments from the older ladies such as "this is my time to relax", etc. My objective was to tune them all out and mind my own business.

Of course, I thought in order to be considered professional I had to have my hair permed. That was very stressful to me. I did not like the hairsytle, yet I perceived it was something I had to do, to be accepted at work and to keep my career.

I see in the Sisterlocks™ hairstyle, everything I have always wanted my hair to be and beyond. My initial consultation is only 4 days away, March 16, 2007


In Jesus' Name,
Sis. RJQueen10

If anyone out there besides God is listening, feel free to share and post a response

5 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations on making the decision to join the world of Sister Locks. I too like so many others have gone the same path that you have. Perm, perm and more perm, enduring salons where stylists were inconsiderate of my time (and others) as they double and triple booked. And yes, I too watched my hair grow limp and thin. You'll love your locks for the reasons you stated like being able to go through a work out and look great at the end. Creyole has been an inspiration to many, so have certainly have someone with a wealth of information to support you. Again welcome and I can't wait to see your SL'ed. Be blessed!!

muslimahlocs said...

queen:
so have you set the date for your installation yet? will you have them in time for the meet-and-greet with dr. cornwell? are you excited or what? i am excited for you. i remember what it was like when i had my sisterlocks installed eleven years ago (ok, only my locks are getting older, not me (LOL)). 14 1/2 hours with 2 consultants. whew. bring a pillow and some food!
see you at the meet-and-greet! and thanks for taking the time to read my blog. God Bless!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Linda,

Thank you for your support in my decision to Sisterlock™. You are correct in your beauty salon description. I thank God for placing Creyole and my paths together. I have now found the cure for my hair ailments! (smile)

muslimahlocs,

You know you ask an excellent question. If my initial consulation is on this Friday the 16th, that only allows the possiblility of my installation of 7 days. At this point my installation date had not been discussed. I would really love to have my Sisterlocks™ before the meet and greet. But I am willing to be patient. I am honored GIGI fit me into her schedule and I also realize I have the rest of my life with my Sisterlock™, so I am going to savor every moment and not rush a thing. Thanks for the tip about a pillow and food. I have enjoyed your blog! And I am very excited, Excited, EXCITED! Wow! even with two consultants it took 14 1/2 hours? How long was your hair then, how many inches?

Sis. RJQueen10

Aya said...

Welcome aboard the sisterlock journey. From what I am reading you are going to do just fine. Your locks are beautiful. Stay blessed.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Aya,
Thank you for not only stopping by and visiting my blogspot. Thank you for taking some of your time to leave me encouraging words. I am grateful to you. Thank you for making a comment. I don't have Sisterlocks™ yet. In the picture to this post I am wearing my favorite braid sytle of all time, The BOB! I adorned my hair with a tiara (my queenly crown--smile). My initial consultation is this Friday 2 days away! I appreciate this time before my initial consulatation and my installation. I have used this time to examine RJQueen10 a little deeper. I will be stopping by your blogspot real soon.

Sis. RJQueen10